Please view the Prezi presentation below, it was kindly donated by one of my students this year and shows exemplary effort, knowledge and ability within their topic.
This projects requires the students to choose and research a current “hot” ethical issue in today’s scientific world.
– An overview:
–> on how to determine and alter student misconceptions
–> of the modifications that can be made to accommodate each student
–> of the Principles of Quality Learning covered in this project
– Teaching and learning strategies
– A full set of teacher instructions so you will be guided through the process
– How you will obtain feedback from your students on their progress/knowledge acquisition
– A list of resources to obtain further issues
– The student outline of the project
– A list of 17 issues that can be used by the students including a full description of the issue
– The presentation rubric
– The peer assessment rubric
– Student progress update
Examples of ethical issues include; cloning, smoking related disease, etc. I have provided a full explanation of the 17 issues the students can choose from as well as a full task overview and marking rubric. This project really engages students interests as they are studying and learning about issues they have been exposed to but have not been properly informed of. This project was originally designed to be taught as a grade 10 culminating task but it can easily be adapted to fit most science subjects (Biology, Chemistry and General mostly).