- Head to – https://goo.gl/TDnCfu
- Click ‘Atom’ on the left.
- Once the simulation opens, click both “+” signs on the right and put a checkmark in the Stable/Unstable box at the bottom so your screen looks like this.
Part A: Build an atom that has 3 protons and 4 neutrons
1. What is the name of the atom?
2. What is the charge of the atom?
3. What particle changes the charge and how many of them do you need to add to bring the charge to zero?
4. If you add 1 proton, what happens?
5. Between protons, neutrons, and electrons, what determines what the atom is?
Part B: Build an atom that has 9 protons, 10 neutrons, and 9 electrons.
6. What happens if you add an electron?
7. What happens if you remove an electron?
8. Between protons, neutrons, and electrons, what determines what the atom’s charge?