During this activity, you will answer the questions below. You can refer to them on your student submission form at any time.
First, please head to https://goo.gl/TZ4i1g and choose ‘Start a New Game!’ at the bottom.
**DO NOT download the app, it’s not necessary**
Select ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ then select ‘Press Spacebar or Click Here to Continue!’ two times. You’ll then see the Controls screen. Read the instructions and practice a little. In the Choose your Mission! screen, select ‘Mission 1: RECON’. This is the only mission you will complete.
How to play: Shoot the organelles (in no particular order) and answer the following questions. You will also need to answer the game’s built-in, multiple-choice questions to move on. WATCH OUT FOR THE LYSOSOMES!!
- Golgi Body – What does it do to the proteins?
- Lysosomes – What do they digest and destroy?
- Ribosomes – What do ribosomes make?
- Rough Endoplasmic Reticulum – What is the Rough ER involved in?
- Plasma Membrane – What does it mean that the membrane is semi-permeable?
- Smooth Endoplasmic Reticulum – What is different between the smooth and rough ER?
- Nucleus – What is DNA?